Basically, marketing has a reasonably broad scope, which is divided into various types, which depend on three critical things in marketing strategy and marketing plan, namely on the target market, marketing techniques, and tools used. Different types of marketing certainly make different ways of implementing them, to better understand the three types of marketing, here is a detailed explanation of the types of marketing.
# Based on Target Market
One crucial thing that influences marketing strategy and marketing plan is the target market in business, and this is because, in the planning and manufacturing process of a product, the company must first understand the target market so that the product made can meet the needs of the intended consumer. Based on the target market, marketing is divided into four types, namely:
- Business to Business (B2B), which is a marketing technique used by companies to target other companies or businesses to other businesses by offering products that can promote these other businesses.
- Business to Consumer (B2C), is a marketing technique that is carried out to target consumers in general.
- Consumer to Consumer (C2C), a marketing technique aimed at consumers for other consumers.
- Business to Government (B2G), is a marketing technique that is carried out from business to government agencies.
# Based on Marketing Techniques
Like its target market, marketing techniques are also important things that must be considered in making a marketing strategy and marketing plan. This is because marketing techniques determine consumer perceptions of the products you offer. Based on marketing techniques, marketing is divided into four types, namely:
- Word of Mouth (WOM), this type of marketing prioritizes verbal as a marketing technique.
- Guerrilla Marketing, which is an unconventional guerrilla marketing technique, has the potential to be interactive marketing and deliberately placed in unexpected places.
- Affiliate Marketing, a marketing technique where a business or company provides rewards if an affiliate can bring consumers to the business.
- Database Marketing, marketing techniques by utilizing a potential consumer database to promote products with personal communication then.
#Based on The Tool Used
In addition to the target market and marketing techniques, the tools used to do marketing are also important things that can affect the marketing plan and marketing strategy. Based on the tools used, marketing is divided into three types, namely:
- Telemarketing, which is a marketing model using the telephone where the seller collects many potential consumers to buy an item or service.
- Digital Marketing, a marketing technique that uses digital channels to promote its products such as television, the internet, social media, and websites.
- Direct Mail Marketing, which is a direct marketing technique using brochures, promotional letters, and street advertisements.